Thursday, September 20, 2007

Limon

¡Hola amigos! Sorry it has been a while since my last entry, things are finally starting to settle down here. Last weekend we went to the Caribbean province of Limon. It was absolutely a wonderful experience. The way of life is so much more relaxed there. We also happened to be there on the weekend of independece day so there were desfiles (parades) and wonderful traditions. The night before independence day everyone makes these little lanterns that they have a parade at night with, and they all sing the national anthem. On our way to Limon we stopped at a coffee plantation and also at a del monte banana plantation. Ask me about it sometimes, i have too many thoughts, and not enought time right now! In limon it was warm and wonderful and we went to the beach, and i swam in the ocean for the first time which was fantastic, but i did get hit by one giant wave and the salt water burned my throat, eyes, and nose for about fifteen minutes. It was not very pleasant!

Classes have been going well, i enjoy learning another perspective on a part of the world that i have not learned very much about. Tonight my friends and i are going to an Asian restaraunt and later we are going to the National Theater to hear some mozart. It is going to be a wonderful time i expect!

I do not have my camera on me now, i am at an internet cafe, but i am going to upload some pictures onto my computer, and then i will go where they have wireless to try and get some pictures up.

I am having a wonderful time and i will hopefully be writing again soon! ¡Ciao!

4 comments:

Spirit Bear said...

It was wonderful to hear from you,Kerry. I've never heard of Limon, but it sounds fabulous. Can't wait to see your pictures. It is hot in Chicago - 87. Como va el espanol?
Are you still going to Cuba?

Lindahl News 2 said...

The best line of the whole post? "I am having a wonderful time and I will hopefully be writing again soon."

And I can't wait to see some pictures!!

Lindahl News 2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Nicole Therese said...

Sounds really exciting Kerry! I am jealous that you got to swim in the ocean! :)