Monday, September 3, 2007

Felix

So, hurricane felix is right near costa rica, so we are getting pounded with rain! Today was my first day of classes at the language institute, it should be interesting. We are there for three hours in the afternoon, one and a half hours is grammar, and the other half conversation. So far it has been good, but my head hurts from listening and trying to understand all the spanish! My weekends seem to be pretty clear, my brother and sister are always out, and my parents usually have plans too. I really want a hamburger. They don´t eat a lot of meat here, and last night i almost cried because i wanted a hamburger. Tonight i have to interview my family and it is going to be hard because it is difficult in general to communicate in general. Well, it has only been a week, but things are going pretty smoothly. We all take the bus together in the afternoon so it is not bad. Anyways, i dont have a lot of time left after answering e mails, but just know that all is going well.

3 comments:

Spirit Bear said...

todo va bien, Kerry. en poco tiempo vas a pensar en espanol! I am watching the weather, and it looks like Costa Rica lucked out! I think you should treat yourself to a little dinner out with a friend. Maybe some "barbacoa"?

Lindahl News 2 said...

Yea! You posted. I have been checking to see every day.

It sounds like you have made a good connection with your host family...great!

And I am sorry about the hamburger.

shauntia06 said...

not to tempt you or anything, but i'll make sure to eat a hamburger for you....i heart you!